Saturday, June 20, 2009

Robert Half Technology - Experiences

I signed up for a Robert Half Technology account a little over two years ago. I uploaded my resume and created my profile. I never did hear from anyone from Robert Half until 6 months later, when I was already employed. I remained employed with a great company, got my network certifications on my own (CCENT/CCNA), and then chose to move my career forward by finding a level II or network position.

I recently came back into the job market again. Without doing anything this time, I was contacted by an RHT rep at the perfect time. She said she had an open opportunity which I may be interested in. I updated my information on the website again (not much change required) and then went to an RHT office for an in-person interview. Upon arriving, I filled out the paperwork (application, salary history and desires, personal info, etc.), did the interview, then took some skill assessment tests. I scored way above average on one test, slightly above average on another test, and average on the third test. After looking over the results with my RHT rep, she said unfortunately the position which I came in for became filled and that positions get filled so quickly with a rapid amount of change. I thanked her for her time and departed.

Two months later I accepted a contract with another agency and am currently still working a short term contract. Between the interim, I was contacted once by the same rep via e-mail to see how things were going, but with no opportunities for me. Yesterday, a post for a job of which I fully qualified for (and above) and which was located less than 10 miles from my home appeared on the RHT website. I applied for it immediately on the day of the post and also e-mailed the RHT rep about it. She responded, "Sorry, we already filled the position, but I'll keep you in mind for other opportunities."

No comments:

Post a Comment